If you’re in desperate need of some motivation, we’re going to fix that problem, right here, right now.
- Turn off email, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and whatever other social procrastination network you’re part of.
Turn off the TV if it’s on. Seriously, TURN IT OFF.
- Now, put on your favorite music playlist.
Play something that gets you jacked. Hint: try the playlist you use at the gym.
- If you haven’t eaten something, eat a little snack now.
For god’s sake don’t eat a twinkie or some other junk food. Eat something healthy. Eat some nuts or fruit. Take your vitamins.
- Do one of the following three things:
A) Take a shower, OR
B) Go for a brisk walk, OR
C) Call the friend who most lifts you up and makes you feel great after every conversation. Tell him or her that you need a little pep talk. Put a 10 minute limit on the conversation.
- Read the quotes below. If you have a favorite quote or two you always refer to, read that too.
Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75. – Benjamin Franklin
Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t. – Richard Bach
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. – Steve Jobs
~ by Corbett Barr
These points definitely got me out of bed this morningish.
Go get up! and get going!