If you’re in desperate need of some motivation, we’re going to fix that problem, right here, right now.
- Turn off email, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and whatever other social procrastination network you’re part of.
Turn off the TV if it’s on. Seriously, TURN IT OFF.
- Now, put on your favorite music playlist.
Play something that gets you jacked. Hint: try the playlist you use at the gym.
- If you haven’t eaten something, eat a little snack now.
For god’s sake don’t eat a twinkie or some other junk food. Eat something healthy. Eat some nuts or fruit. Take your vitamins.
- Do one of the following three things:
A) Take a shower, OR
B) Go for a brisk walk, OR
C) Call the friend who most lifts you up and makes you feel great after every conversation. Tell him or her that you need a little pep talk. Put a 10 minute limit on the conversation.
- Read the quotes below. If you have a favorite quote or two you always refer to, read that too.
Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75. – Benjamin Franklin
Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t. – Richard Bach
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. – Steve Jobs
~ by Corbett Barr
These points definitely got me out of bed this morningish.
Go get up! and get going!
To all my followers, readers and those who keep this blog alive, I wish you a very Happy New Year. May the new year bring you a new level of joy and happiness.
Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching. -(Source: So Bad So Good)
I Love it! We all need that reminder that life is fleeting & there is no time to allow ourselves be trapped by the numerous stereotypes we create just to feel normal or accepted. The future is now, right here, right now.
Love from the depth of your heart, Dance from the depth of your soul & Work with all that is within you…
Tomorrow starts now…
… live in the present …
… that glorious future is today…
Life isn’t about the destination, it is about the journey…
The Joys of friendships
- Saying what’s on your mind without feeling ashamed. Not worrying if whatever you say makes you vulnerable.
- Knowing that what you say won’t be used against you sometime in the future
- Talking long hours into the night about anything and everything.
- Rebukes you respectfully when you do wrong
- Not being afraid to free fall because you know they would be there to catch you and nurse any pain when you land
- Cries with you, laughs with you
- Keeps you in their thoughts and prayers whenever you are apart
- Listens to your crap at the dead of the night even though they need to sleep badly
- Isn’t afraid to say I’m sorry
- Loves every bit of you. The silly side, the serious side, the smart side, the not so smart side…
… The Joys of Friendships …
A lot of women today struggle with life. They wonder what their purpose is and they can’t seem to understand when people say “Women are more powerful than men”. So I went searching for how a woman can realize this power, tap into this power and have this power manifest in her life. I searched the Bible, looked around for books and today, I am happy to say I have found the answer.
So how does a woman/young lady/girl tap into this so called power and live life to the fullest and live the life God ordained for her?
1. Be Rich In Spirit: Life is more than food and the body more than clothes – Luke 12:15,23
2. Be Wise – Proverbs 19:3
3. Be Prudent – Luke 14:28-30
4. Be Obedient – 1 Samuel 15:22
5. Be Souled Out: No servant can serve two masters – Luke 16:13
6. Be Discerning – Isaiah 55:2
7. Be Completely Devoted (to your God, work, family & your mate) – Joshua 22:5
8. Be Kingdom Minded – Matthew 6:33
9. Be Prayerful (Pray in the Holy Spirit Jude 20) – Matthew 6:7
10. Be an Intercessor – Ephesians 6:18
11. Be Obedient – John 14:21
12. Be Forgiving – Luke 6:27, 32, 35
13. Be Merciful – Lamentations 3:22
14. Be Original (Your love must be genuine) – Romans 12:9-10
15. Be What You Preach – 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
16. Be Fruitful – Ephesians 4:2
17. Be Sacrificial (You only get back the amount of love you give out) – Ephesians 5:2
18. Be Considerate (Live in harmony, show compassion & be humble) – 1 Peter 3:8
19. Be Generous (Love with actions not just words) – 1 John 3:18
20. Be Fearless – 1 John 4:16-18
On Becoming an Overcomer:
You may not always pick where you find yourself but decide in your heart to grow and blossom anyways.
21. Be Purpose Driven – John 4:3
22. Be Diligent – 2 Peter 1:10
23. Be Focused – 1 Corinthians 3:8
24. Be Expectant (Positive expectations) – Hebrews 6:10
25. Be Steadfast (For there is time for everything) – Ecclesiastes 3:1
26. Be Reverent – Isaiah 58:13-14
27. Be Righteous – 2 Timothy 2:22
28. Be Self-Controlled – Romans 8:13-13
29. Be Yielded – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
30. Be A True Worshiper – Philippians 3:3,7-8,12
You can print these power tips out and carry them with you everywhere you go and every time you are in doubt or need positive mental renforcement, you pull out the card and tap in.